sábado, 15 de diciembre de 2012

First goal achieved: Malaga Marathon 2012 [English]


First big Ironman target achieved: finishing a marathon under 3h30'.

It has been a great weekend, with my friends of #theClub, Jero, David, Josete, my trainer Jesús Ortigosa, my father.
It's awesome to take part in a race surrounded by friends, you start it full of energies and feeling like going to do it very well.


The evening before, our friends of Clínica del Pie La Malagueta gave us the Superman dresses (thanks a lot to make this challenge possible). It was huge but it look like being light, nothing to be scared about so far. The cape was also humongous but Jero suggested to secure it with safety pins.

Race started right after the 3h30 Pace setter. Because of the fact I was dressed as Supermen, people encouraged me a lot, a lot of laughter, jokes that made me starting the race so good.



The pace setter kept a correct rythm, but with some fluctuations (sometimes faster, sometimes slower).




Beside the pace setter there was a good group of athletes from Nerja's Athletes Club. They suddenly had the same feeling than me: let's put a stable 4'55''/km rythm and try to grow apart from it.


Gradually we were leaving the setter, we were accumulating some good minutes that at the end helped me a lot. That wasn't my initial plan, but I was feeling very good and the group was so promising.
A lot of jokes were told: "Superman keep in the front of the group, don't be lazy" "We have to kick Superman in the ass" "Let's throw him some kryptonite" "Hey Superman when are you going to fly". I'll always remember this race running with a smile in my face.

Kilometers passed, it's the 28th and my adventure's mates decide to hit the gass. This wasn't my battle, my own one was clear: to run in a stable path under 5'/km, nothing more and nothing less...

We said cheers, we wished good luck and there we go, 12 more kms ahead, the Marathon had just started. I was alone but people didn't stop perking me. Specially kids: "Mum, it's superman!" "give me five superman"...
In the 36-37 km I was a little bit down but I took a gel and take it dissolved in some water. More than enough to finish the race.

I arrived to the finish line with a thrill, remembering those that joint the race, remembering those that were not there...



This is the track recorded with my Timex watch:

Thank you a lot to #theClub because this is a terrific group of friends. Congratulations to you all because you made a great race.

Thank you so much to my trainer, without your effort it wouldn't have been possible. Your job has made me beating my best time in a Marathon without suffering at all, with the feeling of having run in a training tempo.


It was awesome to run again with my father. He never trains properly for the Marathon, he always performs miracles to prepare for it. But at the end you finished once again, you have a few of them in your pocket. You are a beast!

The way to my first Ironman is going very well. First target finished.
This is the after-marathon week, time to recover and think of what is ahead, tough times. But I have a great group of people to enjoy in this adventure, I have a lot of faith in the steps a professional of this gives me, I want to make this dream possible... success is granted.

Keep on running!

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario