lunes, 25 de marzo de 2013

To waste or not to waste... that's the question

My helmet was damaged in one drop I had a couple of years ago. I know, it's completely crazy and I shouldn't have stayed with it. But it was mainly due to my limited budget.
I'm a happy poor:), don't have my money falling out of my pocket, so I have kept on using my S3 helmet.

The damage in the helmet it's not big. The main point is that I won't be allowed to participate in my future races.
For this kind of staff (helmets, cycling shoes,...) I'm unfortunately a posh. I like the waste my bread at once in expensive things but stayed with the thing for lots and lots of years.

So, again, not a surprise, I'm looking at Specialized for the new helmet I'll be wearing in Lanzarote.
I don't know why the S-brand does this kind of thing: they don't create anything ugly/bad, everything is impressived, superb, love-at-first-sight things.

Regarding helments, I found that Specialized has created another top level helmet, Prevail, whereas my current helmet S3 has been moved to the second place.

Prevail is a profesionals-made-for helmet. S3 is the litle brother, sharing most of the features of the big brother.




Fortunately I've found a nice blog that compares the two models and checks if it is worth buying the big one:

I'm expecting another fight between my crazy side and my conciousness voice:)



2 comentarios:

  1. Has pensado en el Propero II?? Creo que es una apuesta genial en relación calidad precio... Si te animas avisa por que quizá yo tb pique...

    ResponderEliminar
  2. Después de que me comentaras lo del Propero II, he estado investigando y también parece una opción excelente, y sobre todo el precio, unos 100 euros menos.
    Creo que lo que voy a hacer es ir a la tienda, probarme los 3 modelos con los ojos cerrados, imaginar que estoy pedaleando, y ver cual va mejor comparativamente. Ya te cuento David! Buena vuelta de la isla

    ResponderEliminar